Your First Appointment
Generally our patients are referred to our office from other physicians. Our first appointment with you will involve a comprehensive eye evaluation, including a detailed examination of your vitreous and retina. You will need to complete a New Patient Packet prior to the eye examination. You may bring these completed forms on your appointment day or you may complete these in the office while waiting to be called. Your eyes will be dilated and your vision may become blurred for several hours. Please set aside at least two hours for your initial consultation. If additional tests are required, your visit could be prolonged. You may wish to have someone with you to help drive you home.
Please bring the following with you on the day of your visit:
- Current Insurance Cards
- A valid photo ID
- Co-pays for specialists as noted on your insurance card
- Referrals from your primary care physician if your insurance requires a referral for a specialist visit
- A list of current medications and eye-drops that you are currently taking or using
- Any contacts or glasses that you currently wear.
- If you are diabetic, please bring a snack in case your appointment interferes with a meal time.